Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Cookie Cutter tool, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The Cookie Cutter tool in the Full Edit workspace is custom-made for…scrapbookers because it could be used to create a graphic shape that's…filled with a photograph.…The Cookie Cutter tool is located here in the toolbox.…It uses the same preset shapes that come with the Custom Shape tool that we…saw in the last movie.…To create one of those custom shapes that's filled with this photograph of…leaves, I'll go over to the layers panel and I click on the leaves layer.…Then I'll go up to the options bar for the Cookie Cutter tool and I click the…arrow to the right of the Shape field.…
These are the default shapes but there are many more as you saw in the last…movie about the Custom Shape tool.…I will click the double pointed arrow on the side of the Shape picker and I'm…going to choose to see just the shapes that are in the category Foliage and…Trees and from here I'm going to click on this icon to select this tree.…But you can choose anyone you want if you're following along.…Then I'll click in a blank area of the options bar to close the Shape picker.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.