Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Lightroom's external editing preferences, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- We'll be passing photographs from Lightroom to Elements…and back throughout this course.…Some of the properties with which photos are passed…between Lightroom and Elements are determined…by Lightroom Preferences.…In particular, Lightroom's External Editing Preferences.…So before we start moving photos…between Lightroom and Elements, let's take a look…at those Lightroom Preferences.…To open Lightroom's Preferences here on the PC,…I'll go up to the Edit menu at the top…of Lightroom's Library module.…On the Mac, that would be the Lightroom menu…and I'll choose Preferences.…
In the Preferences dialog, I'll click…on the third tab External Editing.…The first section of Lightroom's External Editing…Preferences affects the way that files are passed…between Lightroom and Lightroom's Primary External Editor.…The Primary External Editor can be only Elements…or Photoshop proper.…And Lightroom chooses that application for you.…The way it works is that if you have Elements…but not Photoshop installed on your computer as I do…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.