Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the workspaces, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Photoshop Elements 9 is actually two applications rolled into one;…an organizer in which you can organize your digital photos, videos, and audio…files, and an editor in which you can correct and enhance your digital photos.…Within the Editor, there are three separate editing workspaces of different…levels of complexity;…the Full Edit, the Quick Fix, and the Guided Edit workspaces.…Let's take a first look at all these different components of Elements and see…how to navigate among them.…When you start up Elements, the first screen you'll see is this welcome screen.…
The welcome screen is the jumping off place from which you can launch either the…Organizer or the Editor;…the two main components of Elements.…You'll often want to go to the Organizer first perhaps to import files or to…find files that you want to work within the Editor.…So let's start by launching the Organizer by clicking the Organize button here…in the welcome screen.…If the Organizer isn't already open, it may take a few seconds to launch.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.