Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the Organizer, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Let's take a brief tour of Elements Organizer.…This is just a first look at the Organizer designed to get you comfortable with…its layout and features.…You'll here a lot more detail about the features that I introduce here in other…movies in this course.…The Organizer is one of the two major components of Elements 9, which has an…Organizer and an Editor on both Windows and Mac.…The primary purpose of the Organizer is to help you manage your collection of…digital photographs and By manage, I mean organize, keep track of, and find your photographs.…
The basis of the Organizer is its catalogs.…A catalog is a sort of database that contains records of your photos.…You might think of an Organizer catalog as similar to a library card catalog.…It doesn't contain your actual photos, but it does have information about, and…pointers to each photo that you include whether you store your photos on your…computer or offline on an external drives or disks.…The Organizer displays small previews of your photos, which are referred to as…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.