Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging with People Recognition, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Tagging your many photos of family and friends with their names can take lots…of time and effort.…Why not let Elements People Recognition system do it for you automatically?…Elements can figure out which of your photos contain faces, and with a little…bit of input from you, Elements can even identify the people in your photos by…name and add keyword tags for you.…First, I'm going to make sure that People Recognition is turned on by going…up to the View menu and making sure there's a check mark next to Show People Recognition.…There are three People Recognition workflows.…
The first one I'll show you is called Quick Labeling and I'd like to use this…when I know that I have a lot of photos of people that I want to tag.…The first step is to select the thumbnails that I want to tag.…Here in my Media Browser, I'm going to select the last thumbnail here and then…hold the Shift key as I select this thumbnail of the fellow in the cowboy hat,…and that selects all the thumbnails in between.…Then to do the quick labeling workflow, I'll go up to the Find menu and down to…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.