Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting with a JPEG, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- So far in this chapter,…we've been starting with a non-raw photo…that's either in the TIFF format,…or the PSD format.…What happens if you start with a non-raw photo,…that's in the JPG format,…and pass that over to Elements for editing?…Well, it behaves a little bit different…than if you're starting with a TIFF,…or a PSD file, at least, if you select…the Edit Original, or Edit a Copy…option, as you're passing the file…from Lightroom to Elements.…So let me show you what happens,…and how I suggest you proceed with a JPG.…So here in my Lightroom library,…I have a JPG right here.…
I'm going to select it,…and I want to make a change to it in Lightroom.…I could take it over to the Develop module,…or I could make a change right here…in the Library module, using the Quick Develop panel,…in the library module.…I'll go to the Quick Develop panel on the right,…and I'll click it, and then I'll go…to the Saved Preset menu,…and I'll choose Lightroom Black and White Toned Presets,…and I'll convert this to a Creamtone…black and white image.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.