Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Lightroom's stacking preferences, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- There are a couple of other options to take a look at…in Lightroom's External Editing preferences.…One of those is the Stack With Original option,…and this will apply when I'm using…Elements as my external editor,…or even as an additional external editor.…I like to leave Stack With Original at its default,…with a check mark in the Stack With Original box.…What that will do is the following:…When I take a photo from Lightroom over to Elements,…and then I save it back from Elements…so that it is displayed in Lightroom's Library,…I want the copy that is displayed in the Library…to be right next to the original photo.…
So, leaving Stack With Original checked…will create a collapsible group of those photos,…the original and the one that I brought back from Elements.…And I think that's a good thing,…because that helps me to know which photos…are related to one another and to quickly find…both the original and the copy that I brought back…from Elements into the Lightroom Library.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.