Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Lightroom's primary external editing preferences for Elements, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- Let's take a closer look at the options…in the first section of Lightroom's…external editing preferences.…These are the options that affect the way…that photos will be passed from…Lightroom to Elements and back again.…If you're preferences dialogue isn't open in Lightroom…then you can go to the Edit menu on a PC…or the Lightroom menu on a Mac…and open preferences from there…or you can use the shortcut for opening preferences…which is ctrl and comma on the PC,…cmd and comma on the Mac.…I think the simplest approach to this first section…of Lightroom's external editing preferences…is to leave them all at their defaults,…which you see here, except for one, the bit depth.…
As you can see, the bit depth,…which is the amount of data in the file…that's passed over from Lightroom to Elements…is set to sixteen bits per channel.…And the other option here is eight bits per channel.…Which will result in much less data in the file.…Leaving this set to sixteen bits…would preserve the maximum amount of photo data…in a RAW file or a high bit TIFF capture.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.