Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Lightroom's file-naming preferences, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- Continuing to set up Elements as Lightroom's…primary External Editor.…I have one more Preference to look at and that's…down here at the bottom of the…External Editing Preferences in Lightroom.…The Edit Externally File Naming Preference.…And basically what this does is set the way that…files will be named when they're saved back…from Elements into Lightroom after I take…them from Lightroom into Elements.…You can see the default File Naming Template.…That is to use the original file name followed by…a hyphen and then the word Edit.…I like to stick with that default because I know that…when I see a file named like that in my…Lightroom catalog that generally means that it's…one that I've taken over to Elements for editing…and then saved back into Lightroom.…
If you don't like that particular File Naming Template…there are lots of others to choose from…here in the Template menu.…For example, you might choose Custom Name…Original File Number.…That would allow you to specify a Custom Name for…the first part of each File Name.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.