Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Elements as a Lightroom additional external editor when Photoshop is installed, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- Most of this course assumes that you have…Lightroom and Elements on your computer,…but some of you may have another pixel editor as well,…Adobe Photoshop, the big brother to Elements.…Even if it's an older version of Photoshop…things will look different…than if you have just Lightroom…and Elements on your computer.…So I want to show you that…and explain how you can still use Elements…as an additional external editor to Lightroom.…I'm going to go up to the Photo menu and choose Edit in.…This is the menu that we'll be using as we pass photos…from Lightroom to Elements throughout the course.…
Notice that in the submenu,…the first item on my computer now, is not…Edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements as it is…in all the other movies in the course.…But rather, Edit in Adobe Photoshop.…The latest version of Photoshop on my machine…happens to be Photoshop CC 2014.…If you have any version of Photoshop on your computer,…then it will appear here in this first position…in the Edit in menu…and even though you have Elements on your computer too,…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.