Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting preferences, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
You can customize the way your Elements Editor behaves by changing its Preferences.…On Windows, the Editor Preferences are opened from the Edit menu coming down…here to Preferences.…On a Mac, the Preferences are located in the Photoshop Elements menu which is…the first menu in the menu Bar.…Over here are categories of Preferences.…I will start by opening into the General category.…But here in the Preferences dialog box I can move to any of the Preferences…categories by clicking it here in this list on the left.…
In the General Preferences category, I sometimes go to the Show tool Tips…option, and uncheck it, so that these little yellow boxes with tooltips…don't keep popping up.…I am going to uncheck that now as I work through this course.…But when you're just beginning with Elements, I suggest that you leave tool Tips…on because it can be a really helpful learning tool.…In the earlier movie in this chapter about working with tabbed documents, I…explained that sometimes you may want to allow floating documents.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.