Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching by text, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The text search field in the Organizer offers one place from which you can…search all of the different pieces of text associated with a file, everything…from the file name to keyword tags and even to dates.…If you're following along, make sure that you can see both the dates and the…file names under your photo thumbnails in the targeted folder.…If you can't, go up to the View menu and make sure Details and Show File Names…are checked, as I explained in an earlier movie.…Now I am going to apply a keyword tag to some of these photos.…
I will select the photos here in the media browser by clicking on one and then…holding the Ctrl Key and clicking on the others.…I am going to select all the photos, except this one called Candle.…And then I'm going to go over to Keyword Tags panel where I created a keyword…tag Flag in an earlier movie.…If you're following along and you don't have that tag, you can make it now by…going up to the plus symbol here and choosing New keyword tag.…I am going to take that tag and drag it onto one of the selected photos to…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.