Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching by keyword tags, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The purpose of applying keyword tags to photos in the media browser is so…that you can search on those tags later to find particular photos by their subject matter.…There are a couple of different ways to search based on keyword tags.…You can use the Hierarchical List View which is the default view in the Keyword…Tags panel or you can use the keyword tag cloud.…I will show you how to use both in this movie.…If you don't have a really long list of keyword tags here then I suggest…that you search in Hierarchical List View because you can make more…complicated searches from here.…
First, let's say that I just want to see all of the photos in this folder that…contain the Flags tag.…I will click in the box to the left of the Flags tag and that adds this…binoculars icon to that box meaning that I have an active search on this tag.…In the media browser, I can see all four of the photos that bear the Flags tag.…This photo has only a Flags tag and these others have not only the Flags tag but…also Location tags for Santa Monica and California.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.