Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning photos, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Scanning your older printed photos is a great way to preserve them and…to organize them along with the rest of your photo collection in…Elements Organizer.…One option is to scan your photos using the third-party scanning software that…probably came with your scanner, or that you've downloaded from the scanner…manufacturer's web site.…If you do that, you can include the scanned file in your Organizer catalog on…Mac or on Windows by going to the File menu at the top of the Organizer,…choosing Get Photos and Videos, and going down to From Files and Folders.…
And from here, you'd navigate to the location of your saved scan.…This is the same process that I described in an earlier movie about importing…files that are already on your computer.…So I'm not going to go through it again here.…But it's certainly an option when you're working with scans.…However, if there is an Elements compatible scanner driver installed on your…computer, you may be able to scan directly into Elements.…On Windows, you can scan directly into the Organizer or into the Editor.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.