Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving selections, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Once you've got a selection that you're happy with, you can save that selection…with the file so that you can quickly reload it to work on the selected area…further without having to create the selection again from scratch.…Here's a selection that I just made with the Quick Selection tool.…If you're following along, get the Quick Selection tool in the toolbar and drag…it over the sky to create a selection like this.…Now let's say that I'm happy with this selection and I want to save it, I will…go up to the Select menu and I'll go down to Save Selection.…
I'll give the selection a meaningful name, I'll call this one sky and I click OK.…I'm going to deselect by pressing Ctrl +D on the PC or Command+D on the Mac.…I could even save and close this file and come back to it at some later date and…if I wanted to bring that selection back, all I would have to do is go up to the…Select menu and choose Load Selection.…From the Selection menu, I can choose the selection that I want and I could have…saved more than one selection in the same file.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.