Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving from Elements back to Lightroom, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- At this point in the Lightroom Elements raw workflow,…I'm ready to save the file from Elements…in a way that Lightroom will recognize.…You remember that I started with a raw file in Lightroom,…made some adjustments there,…then passed the raw file over to Elements,…and on the way it was converted to a non-raw TIFF file.…Then I added Type here in Elements.…Now I'm ready to save.…I'll go up to the File menu and I'll choose Save.…My goal in the Save As... dialog box that opens…is to save over the TIFF file that was automatically created…when I passed the raw file from Lightroom to Elements.…
I want to save over that file because now…I have the extra bit which is the type…that I added in Elements,…and I want that to be saved in the TIFF.…I want to be sure to leave the file name the same,…the way that it was automatically named for me…when I passed it over from Lightroom to Elements.…I want to leave the format the same, which is TIFF.…I do not want to include this file…that I'm saving in Elements Organizer.…I'm not using Elements Organizer to organize my files.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.