Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving and formats, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
My motto when it comes to saving a file is save early and save often, and…that way you really protect your file from any unexpected computer crashes or other events.…How do you know when a file need saving?…Well, there are two ways.…If you work with your Project Bin opened in the Full Edit mode, if you've made a…change to a file and you haven't saved since making that change, you'll see this…little paintbrush icon at the top right of the thumbnail.…If you work with your Project Bin closed, you can take a look at the document…tab for the photo, and if you see an asterisk there, that means the same thing,…you've made a change to the photo and you haven't saved with that change.…
When you do want to save, if you don't mind saving over the last version of the…photo, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S on a PC or Command+S on a Mac.…If you don't want to save over the last copy, or if you are not sure, go up to…the File menu and from there, instead of going to Save which will save over the…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.