Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Returning to Elements for revisions, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- In most cases, if you planned well,…you'll only make one round trip…between Lightroom, over to Elements, and back to Lightroom,…as I've done so far in the workflows…that we've seen in this course.…But sometimes you may find that you need…to go back to Elements again.…Maybe you forgot to do something…or there's something you want to add.…So starting with the image that I ended with…at the end of the last movie,…with edits that I've already applied…both in Lightroom, then in Elements,…and then back in Lightroom again,…I want to go back to Elements.…And to do that, I'm going to use the Edit Original option.…
Now, you can do this with any of the workflows…that I've shown you so far,…whether you're starting with a raw file…or starting with a non-raw file.…Let's see how it works.…Here in Lightroom,…I'm going to choose Edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor,…and this time I'm going to choose Edit Original,…and click Edit.…And when I do that, the file opens into Elements Editor…and you can see that I have my Rocky Mountains type layer…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.