Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Retouching blemishes, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The Spot Healing Brush tool and Healing Brush tool are the tools to reach for…when you're retouching a portrait.…They both do a great job of covering up blemishes, wrinkles and other skin flaws.…I usually start with the Spot Healing Brush tool which automatically selects…good pixels with which to cover the areas that I'm retouching.…After I select that tool, I go over to the layers panel and I'm going to make a…new layer for my retouching marks.…I'll click the Add New layer button at the bottom left of the layers panel and…that creates a new layer that's named layer 1 by default.…
To give it a more meaningful name, I'll double-click right on the layer name and…I'm going to type retouching instead.…With that retouching layer selected, I'll go up to the options bar and I want to…make sure that there is a check mark next to Sample All layers.…That means that the tool is going to look at the other layers in the file to…find good healthy pixels with which to cover the areas that need some retouching…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.