Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing content with the Clone Stamp tool, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Sometimes the Clone Stamp tool does the best job of removing an unwanted…object form an image.…I'd like to give it a try here to remove this hook and part of this rope.…I'm going to zoom in so that we can see this area better, and I'll select the…Clone Stamp tool here in the toolbar.…Then I'll go over to the layers panel and I'm going to make a new layer and I'll…name that new layer clonestamp.…I'll go up to the options bar and there I want to make sure that Sample…All layers is checked.…
I've done this so that the tool will consider the image on the Background layer…here even though I have the clonestamp layer selected, so that the pixels that…are doing the cover-up job will be on the clonestamp layer.…This arrangement gives me the flexibility to work with the cover-up pixels…without affecting the image on the layer below.…In the options bar, I'll also make sure the Aligned is checked, so that as I…move my mouse over this object to remove it, the point, from which the tool…is sampling good pixels, will move with me, so that it's constantly sampling…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.