Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing a color cast, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The color temperature of the light in which a photo is taken can cause a color…cast or an overall unwanted tint to the photo.…For example, if you take a photo in an office building with fluorescent lighting…you may get a green color cast or if you take a photo of snow outdoors it may…have a blue color cast.…In this case, I took this photo in mixed lighting indoors and the white balance…control on my camera was fooled.…So I ended up with this gold color cast.…Now, sometimes it's not exactly clear to the naked eye what the color cast is.…
You can see that there's something off, but you can't see exactly what.…In that case, you can measure a color cast by the numbers.…To do that I'm going to open a panel called the Info panel.…I'll go to the Window and choose Info.…The top left quadrant of the Info panel can display the RGB color values in a color.…RGB stands for Red, Green, Blue which is the color mode of color photos here in Elements.…I have been the Move tool selected and with that tool I am going to move my…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.