Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining selection edges, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The initial selection that you make with any of the Selection tools often isn't perfect.…And it's useful to take a trip to the Refine Edge dialog box to see if you…can make the selection a little more accurate, or more smooth, or just work…better with your image.…Here is the selection that I've just made with the Quick Selection tool.…If you're following along, you can use the Quick Selection tool in this image…by clicking and dragging over the umbrella and the girl to get a selection like this one.…At first glance, this selection may look fine, but it's difficult to tell how…good this selection is here in the marching ants view.…
So I'm going to open the Refine Edge dialog box.…I can access that dialog box from the Select menu or from the options bar of…many of the Selection tools.…I'll click the Refine Edge button in the options bar for the Quick Selection…tool and that opens the Refine Edge dialog box.…I'll move that over a bit so we can see the entire image.…Over on the right side of this dialog box there is a Preview check box.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.