Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing digital noise, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you shoot with a digital camera you're likely to see evidence of digital…noise in your photographs.…That's particularly true if you shot with a high ISO in your camera.…You'll see that digital noise particularly in the dark shadow areas of the scene.…In this case, I was shooting inside of a cave.…So in order to get an exposure I had to ramp up the ISO and my camera to 3200,…which is quite high.…As a result, there's a lot of digital noise in this photo, but in order to see…if I have to zoom in to 100%.…
You may remember that there are several ways to zoom to 100%.…I like to just double-click the Zoom tool, but another way to do that is with…a Hand tool selected to click actual pixels or with the Zoom tool selected to click one-to-one.…Then I am going to hold the Spacebar on my keyboard and click and drag to pan…around in the image.…As I get up to these dark areas of the scene I can really see a lot of digital…noise in the form of these small dots of color.…
So that you can see those better on the video I'll zoom in even further.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.