Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Reconnecting missing files, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In the earlier movies in this chapter, I suggested that you not rename or move…files that are in your Organizer from outside of the Organizer.…Rather, you should use the commands inside the Organizer to move or rename…files, so that it's easier for the Organizer to keep track of those files.…But it's not the end of the world if you do rename or move a file from your…operating system, because often, Elements can automatically reconnect to that…file, and if it can't, you can help it along.…Here for example, I have a photograph named ivy.jpg.…
Rather than move this file as I should, from the inside of the Organizer using…the File>Move command, I'm going to go out to my operating system and try moving it there.…I'll minimize the Organizer by clicking this Minus symbol, and out on my…Desktop, I'm going to go inside of my Exercise Files folder, into the chapter02…Organizer folder, and down to my 02_09 subfolder.…There is the actual photo.…Remember that the image that we saw in the Organizer is just a low resolution…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.