Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Recomposing photos, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The Recompose tool is really useful for photographers;…because it lets you change the shape of a photo in an intelligent way that…doesn't distort the important subject, the horses in this photo.…This means that you can recompose a horizontal photo like this one into a…vertical photo, and you'll be able to get your digital photos to fit…standard size photo frames.…This is a horizontal photo from John Lorenz Photography.…I'd like to use this in a project, but my project calls for a vertical photo.…The Crop tool won't give me the results that I want here, because that will crop…away the sides of the photo, and I'd like to keep that content in the photo even…after I make it vertical.…
The Transform command won't work, because it will distort the horses.…Instead, I'm going to try the Recompose tool, because that will reshape the…photo by removing content from inside the photo without distorting the important…subject, the horses.…To access Recompose in the Full Edit workspace, I can either go up to the…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.