Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Rating photos, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the simplest ways to organize photos is to make use of star ratings in the Organizer.…In this movie, I'll show you how to apply stars to your photos and how to filter…photos by star rankings.…You can apply stars here in the Media view's Grid in Single Image view or…in Full Screen view.…I usually start here in the Grid, reviewing my photos right after a shoot.…The first step is to go to the View menu and make sure that Details is checked…so that you can see this line of gray stars under each photo in the Grid.…
You'll use these stars to mark each photo with its star ranking.…You're welcome to use all five stars, but I find it hard to distinguish…between two, three, and four-star quality photos, so I just use a simple or…two star ranking system.…I give my worst photos one star to mark them as Rejects and I give my best…photos five stars to mark them as Favorites.…All those in between, I leave with no stars.…So, right after I import new photos from a shoot, I do a quick initial review in…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.