Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video The Quick Fix controls, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The editing controls in the panel on the right side of the Quick Fix workspace…are the most important part of this workspace.…You can use them to correct lighting and color, and to sharpen your photos so…they are ready for output.…In this movie I'll show you how the controls work in general.…And then in the next movies I'll get into more specifics about individual…controls in the Quick Fix workspace.…The most comprehensive of the controls here is Smart Fix.…It tries to fix color and lighting all at the same time.…Just like Smart Fix in the Photo Fix options in the organizer.…
Like some of the other corrections, you can see that Smart Fix has an auto button.…These auto buttons are an automatic way to apply fix to your photo.…And sometimes that's all you need to get the image looking the way that you want it.…I'll try that with this Smart Fix auto button.…Clicking it here and in just a second after Elements is analyzed by image;…it applies some color and lighting changes that it thinks the photo needs.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.