Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Photo resizing and resolution, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
You often need to change the size of the photograph depending on how you plan to share it.…I suggest that you edit a photo at its original size and then make copies of the…edited original, resizing each copy to match its intended output.…So you might make a small copy to send by e-mail and a larger one to print.…It's important then to understand how to resize a photo without losing image quality.…Before I resize a photo I'd like to know its current size.…One way to see the size of a photo is to go down to the document information…area here and click-and-hold.…
And in this pop-up menu I can see the size of the image in inches which is 18…inches across and 12 inches down.…I also can see the resolution.…Currently the Resolution of this image is set to 100 pixels per inch.…And by that I mean the number of image pixels that will be assigned to each inch…in the print as I'll explain further in a moment.…So now I know that I have two things to change before I print this copy of the image.…First I have to change the resolution and that's because most inkjet printers…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.