Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing initial raw processing in Lightroom, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- The first step in the Lightroom…Elements raw workflow is to perform…as much as your essential photo editing…as you can in Lightroom before you take…a photo over to Elements for supplemental editing,…for all the reasons that I explained…in the last movie.…So I'm going to start here in Lightroom's…Library module by selecting a raw file…to edit in Lightroom's Develop module.…If you'd like to see the name's…of your thumbnails here in the Library module,…then press the J key on your keyboard…a couple of times.…I'm going to select this DNG raw file…and then to take it in to Lightroom's…Develop module, I could either…come up the the Library module picker…and click Develop or I'm more likely…to use the keyboard shortcut D.…
One of the things that makes it so easy…to edit in the Develop module…is that you can just come over…to the panels on the right…and work your way down through them.…The very first panel is the basic panel.…And here, again I can start at the top…and work my way down through these sliders.…So I'll start here with White Balance.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together (2012)with Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.