Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing additional retouching in Elements, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- This is a continuation of the last movie…in which we started with this PSD file in Lightroom…and made some adjustments to it.…There are some retouching tasks that you can do…in Elements Editor that you can't get done…here in Lightroom or that you can do better…in Elements Editor than in Lightroom.…So in this movie, we'll pass the photograph…with its Lightroom adjustments over to Elements to do…some more retouching in Elements Expert Edit workspace.…And I'm working with the same PSD file…that I was working with at the end of the last movie…with all the adjustments we added to it in the last movie.…
I go up to the Photo menu and I'll choose Edit In,…Edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.…I'll choose to Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments…so that I'll be able to see my Lightroom edits…while working in Elements.…I'll click Edit.…And that opens a TIFF version of the file…in Elements Editor because my Lightroom…External Editing Preferences are set to TIFF.…I'm gonna zoom in to the image a little bit with the zoom…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.