Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Passing the raw photo from Lightroom to Elements (Windows), part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- After you've finished doing your initial…photo-quality edits in Lightroom's Develop module,…the next step is to take a look at the photo…and think about whether there's anything else…you want to do to the photo that you can't do…in Lightroom and that you can do in Elements,…or that maybe you can do better in Elements.…One of those things is adding text to a photo.…So let's say that I'm working with the photo…that I ended up with at the end of the last movie,…and it has all of my Lightroom edits,…and now I wanna add some text as well.…What I'm going to do in this movie…is hand the file off from Lightroom to Elements…in a way that ensures that Lightroom will keep track…of the edits that I'm going to make in Elements,…and that there will be a copy of the photo…with all of those edits, the Lightroom edits…and the Elements edits, automatically saved…back into the Lightroom library.…
So to do that, I'm going to use…Lightroom's Edit In command.…There are several places from which you can access…the Edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor command.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.