Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Passing the raw photo from Lightroom to Elements (Mac), part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- [Voiceover] This is a special movie for Mac users…that supplements the information in the earlier movie…about passing a raw file from Lightroom…to Elements for editing.…Everything I said in that movie applies to you…except that you have an additional dialog box to deal with.…So here, for example, I have a photo…that I've edited in Lightroom, and I want to pass it over…to Elements for supplementary editing.…So I'll go up to the Photo menu,…down to Edit In and I'll choose…Edit in Photoshop Elements 13 Editor.…When I make that choice,…I see this additional dialog box.…
The first section of this dialog…really offers no options.…When you're starting with a raw file,…the only available option is to Edit a Copy of the raw file…with Lightroom adjustments in that copy.…The other options in this section are greyed out,…but there are some more options here…in the Copy File Options section of this dialog.…If you want to see those,…click the triangle to the left of Copy File Options.…Here you'll see the Format, Color Space,…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.