Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the raw Lightroom-to-Elements workflow, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- In this chapter, I'll walk you through a round-trip…Lightroom-Elements editing workflow,…starting with a raw photograph in Lightroom.…This movie is a road map of the steps…we'll be following in this chapter.…The workflow in this chapter is the one you'll use…when you're starting with a raw photograph.…But even if you don't shoot raw photographs…and you're more often editing JPEGs, TIFFs, or PSD…format files, the workflow presented…in this chapter is important to understand…because it's the blueprint for those non-raw workflows too…which I cover in more detail later in the course.…
But I strongly suggest that you watch…the movies in this chapter first so you have…the basic workflow under your belt.…The first step in this workflow is to do…your primary photo editing in Lightroom.…And by that, I mean correcting photo qualities…like tone, color, and composition.…Even if you know that you're going to need to take…a Lightroom photograph to Elements…for a specific editing purpose like adding text or graphics,…I suggest that you first do as much photo editing…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.