Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing albums, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There's not an endless amount of room in the Albums panel to keep growing…your list of albums.…So if you find that your list of albums is getting too long, you may want to…make some categories to tidy up your Albums panel.…To make an Album category, I'll click the arrow to the right of the + symbol…in Albums panel in the column on the left side of the Organizer, and I'll…choose New Album Category.…Here, I'll give the album category a name.…I'll call this Books, and I'll click okay.…And now I have a category Books, and I can drag my Autumn book from where it is…in the Albums panel, down on top of the Books category, and that indents the…Autumn book in that category.…
Now if I make new albums for additional books that I'm planning, I can put them…right into that category.…So I'll click the arrow to the right of the + symbol and I'll choose to make a…new album for a book about winter.…Over in the column on the right, I'll name this album Winter Book and from the…Category drop-down, I'll choose Books.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.