Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving files, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There probably will be times when you want to move some photos that you've…already brought into the Organizer to a different location on a hard drive.…Remember, that the Organizer is just a catalog that's keeping track of where…your photos are located.…So if you want to move the photos to another location, you have to do that from…inside of the Organizer.…You don't want to go out to your Mac or Windows operating system, and move files…from folder-to-folder there, if they're already in the catalog.…So if you do want to move around files that are already in your Organizer,…what's the better way to do that?…The answer is, to select the single photo or multiple photos that you want to…move, and then go up to the File menu and choose Move.…
In this dialog box you can browse to the destination to which you want to move…the photos by clicking the Browse button.…I'm going to select my Desktop as that destination, and click OK.…Now at this point if I just wanted to move this one photo I would click OK.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.