Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Maximizing PSD compatibility in Elements, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- When you're preparing for Lightroom-Elements workflows,…in addition to making some changes…to Lightroom's preferences, you may wanna make…a change to a preference in Elements Editor, too.…So I've opened Elements Editor…and I'm going to go up to the Edit menu.…That's the Photoshop Elements Editor menu on a Mac.…And from there I'll choose Preferences.…I'm going to go to the Saving Files category of Preferences.…Now these are the preferences for Elements Editor,…not the organizer.…And here in the Saving Files category…notice there is a preference in the File Compatibility area,…Maximize PSD File Compatibility.…
I suggest that if this does not read Always,…you change it to Always, and I'll explain why.…Sometimes in your Lightroom-Elements workflows,…you may save a PSD format file,…that's the Photoshop document file,…from Elements, and you'll want Lightroom…to be able to read that file.…If the PSD file has layers,…Lightroom won't be able to read it.…So what you wanna do is have Elements behind the scenes…add an invisible composite layer when it saves PSD files,…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.