Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Mapping photos (Windows only), part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
A cool way to organize and share your photos is to map them to the location…where they were taken.…Mac users, this is a Windows-only feature so you may want to skip to the next movie.…In the Organizer, I'm still working in Folder Location View, but I could do this…if I were working in Thumbnail View also.…I'm going to open a map here in the Organizer, by going up to the Window menu…and choosing Show Map.…That adds this map to the left side of the Organizer.…Now, I like allocate more space to the map.…So I'm going to close the Task pane on the right and then I'm going to click and…drag over the borders between the other columns in order to rearrange them so…there's more room for the map.…
So I'll click on the border to the left of the Task pane to collapse the…Task pane and then I'll move my mouse over this border and I'm going to drag…it to the right and I will move my mouse over this border and I'll drag it to the right.…Notice that there is a cluster of red pins around the Bay area here in California.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.