Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Manual selection tools, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
There are a number of different selection methods in the Elements 9 Full Edit workspace.…The trick is figuring out which method is going to be most efficient on which image.…When you're working with geometric shapes, the best selection tools are…sometimes the Geometric Selection tools.…Those are located in this area of the toolbar.…I'm going to click on the Rectangular Marquee tool and select it from the…toolbar and then come into the image to show you how to make a rectangular…or square selection.…To make a rectangular selection, I'll click at a corner and drag diagonally…toward another corner and there's my rectangular selection boundary.…
As I explained in the last movie, once I have a selection like this, I can do…any number of things to it without affecting the rest of the image, only the…selected area, everything from filling to painting, to duplicating, to deleting.…When I'm done working on a selected area I can delete the selection.…That's done by going up to the Select menu at the top of the screen and…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.