Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing photos in the Elements Organizer, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- Here in my Elements catalog I'm going to add…some keyword Tags to a couple of these photos.…I'll go down to the Tags info button at the…bottom on the Organizer and click there…to open the Tags panel.…I'll click the arrow to the left of Keywords and…I'm going to create a new Keyword.…So I'll click the Plus symbol.…I'll choose New Keyword Tag.…I'll make a Keyword trees and I'll choose a…Keyword category to put that Keyword in.…I'll choose Nature.…And I'll click OK…There's my new Keyword.…
To apply that to some photos I'm gonna…select some photos here in…the Document window.…I'll hold down the Control key as I do that…to select multiple photos.…And then I'll click on the trees Keyword Tag…and drag it on top of one of those…selected photos and that will apply the…Keyword Tag to all four of these photos.…If I de-select them all by clicking in a…blank area here and then select one of…the photos you can see in the Image Tags area…of the Tags panel that that photo bears…the trees Keyword.…I'll de-select by clicking in a blank area of the…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.