Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Making instant albums from folders, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Earlier in the course, we saw that your options are limited when it comes to…sorting your photos to put them into different order.…There is the Sort By Menu here that gives you the options of sorting by Newest,…Oldest, or Import Batch.…But what if you're trying to sequence the photos for use in a project?…You can't just grab a photo here in a folder or in your entire catalog and move…it. But what you can do is make an album from those photos and move the photos…around in the album.…And if all the photos are in the same folder, it's quick and easy to make an…album by just right-clicking on the folder and choosing Create An Instant Album.…
And that will make an album with all of the content from that particular folder.…If I now scroll up to My Albums panel, you can see the New Album with the folder…name from which it was created.…I can change that name by right- clicking on it and choosing Rename, so maybe…I'll call this 0503 Fall photos and click okay.…The beauty of having these photos in the album is that now I can move…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.