Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Making an Out of Bounds image, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The Out Of Bounds Guided Edit is one of the unique new Guided Edits in…Photoshop Elements 9.…This Guided Edit walks you through a series of steps that results in an image…like this one in which part of the photo is extended beyond a frame, so you get…this dimensional effect.…To make this image, I started with this photograph that's in your exercise files.…The photograph is now open in the Guided Edit workspace.…I'm going to go over to the column on the right of the Guided Edit workspace…and scroll all the way to the bottom to see a new category of Guided Edits called Fun Edits.…
Here is the Out Of Bounds Effect.…I'll click on that to open these Guided Edit instructions for creating this effect.…If I roll over the photo at the top of the column, I can see the original photo…that was used to create this example effect.…By the way, when you are looking for a photo to use, try to find one like this…example or like the telescope that has an object or part of an object that's…extending outward either horizontally or diagonally or vertically and look for…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.