Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and using the exercise files, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
If you're a Premium Member of the lynda.com Online Training Library or if you…are watching this course on a DVD, you have access to the exercise files that…come with this course.…The exercise files are photographs that I use to demonstrate techniques in the…movies in the course.…If you're going to use the exercise files to work along with me, please first…follow these instructions for bringing the exercise files into Elements…Organizer and for setting your Organizer to display the exercise files in…Folder Location view.…If you don't have the exercise files, you can follow along using your own…photographs which you can also bring into your organizer like this if you wish.…
Start by downloading the exercise files to your desktop.…Then in the Elements Organizer, take a look at the very bottom-left of the…screen down here to make sure that you're in the PSE9 Ex Files catalog, that…I've recommended that you create in the last movie called Working with Catalogs.…That will keep the exercise files from getting mixed in with your personal files…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.