Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing photos from iPhoto (Mac only), part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
This is a lesson for Mac users only.…If you've been using iPhoto to manage and edit your photos on a Mac and you'd…like to switch over to Elements instead, here's how you can import your existing…photos directly from the latest version of iPhoto, which is iPhoto eleven, to the…Organizer in Elements eleven.…Here, you can see iPhoto on my computer where I've already imported some photos…and I've used some iPhoto organizational features like Albums to manage my…photos inside of iPhoto.…Those organizational techniques won't come along with these photos when I…import them to Elements.…
So, I do want to import the photos to Elements so that I can organize them there…and edit them there.…I'll switch over to Elements.…And here, in my Elements Organizer, I'll go to the Import button.…If you have an iPhoto Library on your computer, you should see a From…iPhoto item in this menu.…I'll choose From iPhoto and Elements quickly imports copies of all my photos…that were in iPhoto over here into the Elements Organizer.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.