Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing from watch folders (Windows only), part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
This is a movie for Windows users only, because on a Mac the Organizer doesn't…have a Watched Folders feature as Windows does.…In the Watch Folders dialog box I will make sure there's a check mark next to…Watch Folders and their Sub-Folders for New Files.…Then I will tell Elements which folder I want it to watch by clicking the Add button.…In this Browse For Folder dialog box I'll navigate to the folder that I want to watch.…I'm going to choose my Exercise Files folder which is on my Desktop.…
If you don't have an Exercise Files Folder you can use any folder in your…computer that's readily accessible to practice.…I will click OK and you can now see the path to my new Watched Exercise Files…folder here in the dialog box.…Next, I will Elements what I wanted to do when I add a new file to my Exercise…Files folder or to any of its subfolders not through Elements, but out in my…operating system and I will show you that just a second.…So what I would like Elements to do in that case is to Notify Me that I have new photos.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.