Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing files from your computer, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The whole point of Elements Organizer is to help you keep track of all of your…photos, videos, and other media files.…Chances are you already have on your computer some videos and photos that you'd…like to include in the Organizer.…The process for doing that is just the same as the one that I described in the…movie I am bringing in exercise files for this course.…But I want to make sure that you know how to bring in any photo or video that's…already on your computer.…I'm working in the PSE9 exercise files catalog that I showed you how to make…in an earlier movie.…
To bring some photos into this catalog, I'll go up to the File menu, down to…Get Photos and Videos.…And from this submenu, I will choose From Files and Folders.…In the window that opens, I will navigate to my Pictures folder.…You can navigate to wherever you keep photos and videos on your computer.…Then I'll click on a photo to bring in.…I will select this cloud photo and I'll leave all these options at their defaults.…By the way, if you're on a Mac, you won't see an option to automatically…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.