Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing files from external drives/CDs/DVDs, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Is your collection of digital photos and videos grows, you most slightly run out…of room to store them all on your computer, instead you may have to keep the…original files off-line on external drives or disks.…The good news is that Elements Organizer can keep track of your files even if…they're located off-line.…To show you that I've to gone ahead and attached an external drive to my…computer, this could be a hard drive or flash or thumb drive or a DVD or a CD.…I'm going to go up to the File menu, and I'm going to choose Get Photos and…Videos, From Files and Folders.…
In this dialog box I'll navigate to my external hard drive.…Mine is called Removable Disk yours may be called something else, and if you're…on a Mac you may have to double-click the icon for your hard drive in order to…find your external drive.…I'll select the external drive, and here I can see six photos on that drive.…I'd like to leave the original photos on the external drive, but import…information about them and links to them into the organizer catalog.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.