Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing the exercise files into Elements Organizer, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- Some of you may have been using…Photoshop Elements organizer to manage your photos,…and maybe you've now decided that you'd rather…switch over to Lightroom's library module…which has more sophisticated features…to manage your photos there,…but you don't want to lose all the work…that you've put into building your organizer catalog.…Let me show you how you can convert an Element's…organizer catalog into a Lightroom catalog.…By the way, even if you use Lightroom…to organize your photos, that doesn't mean…that you'll never use elements.…You'll still use Elements as a supplemental photo editor…as I've been showing you throughout this course.…
Let's open Elements organizer by clicking…the organizer button here in the Elements' welcome screen.…I happen to have an empty Elements catalog here.…If you're just practicing along with me,…I suggest that you make a new empty catalog too,…and then once you've gotten this under your belt,…you can do it with your real elements catalog.…To make a new catalog, go up to the file menu…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.