Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying people manually, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Let's take a look at how to identify people manually in single image view.…This is the procedure to follow if the automatic people recognition system that…I covered in the last movie misses some people in your photos, maybe because…the faces aren't clear.…It's also what you can do if you just add a couple new photos of people in your…catalog, and you want to quickly identify them without going through the whole…people recognition system.…Here in Media View, I'm going to double click this photo.…And that opens it in single image view, with a white box around the girl's face.…
The white box means that the Organizer recognizes this as a face.…If I move my cursor over that white box, the organizer asks me, who is this?…I'll click the who is this? label.…And the Organizer gives me some suggestions, based on the information it already…has about people that I frequently photograph.…None of these suggestions is correct in this case.…This happens to be Steph, so I'll type her name.…And I'll press enter or return on my keyboard to identify her in my…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.