Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiding and showing photos, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you're evaluating lots of files in Media view, it can help to reduce the…clutter on your screen to temporarily hide those photos that you're really not…interested in, perhaps those that you have identified as rejects.…You may not be ready to delete those files from your hard drive altogether…because you may change your mind about them later or find a use for them, but…you can hide them temporarily like this.…I'll start by selecting the files that I would like to hide.…Here are a couple that I really don't care for.…This one, and I'll hold the Ctrl key or the Cmd key on a Mac, and select this one, too.…
And then, I'll go up to the Edit menu and down to Visibility.…Notice in this menu that there are two sections.…The first section is used to mark files as either Hidden or Visible, the second…section determines what will happen to those files that are marked as Hidden.…By default, this is set to Hide Hidden Files.…So as soon as I choose to mark these two selected files as Hidden, they will be…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.