Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiding and deleting photos, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As you go through the photos that you brought into your organizer catalog, you…may find some that you just don't like, and that you rather not include in your…collection of photos.…You have three choices.…You can either hide the thumbnail of those photos in your media browser, or you…can delete those photos from your Organizer altogether, or and this is the most…extreme choice, you can delete the photos from your organizer and from your hard…drive at the same time.…But remember that that last choice will delete the photos altogether, and so…they will be gone completely unless you have backups of them.…
Let me show you the difference between hiding and deleting photos in the organizer.…Let's say that I really like the two horizontal photos that you see here, but…I'm not sure about that vertical photo.…I'm going to select that photo and I'll start off just hiding it.…To do that I'll go up to the Edit menu at the top of the screen and down to Visibility.…Notice in the submenu that Hide Hidden Files is selected by default.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.